[/quotes_right]SEOMoz posted an article this week that contained seven great tips for surviving and thriving in the post-Penguin update that Google recently went live with. The article outlines the following tips in depth:
- Understand your link profile
- Learn what makes a good link
- Map out your crawl path / know your crawl path
- Know about every page type and noindex the low value ones
- Almost never change your URLs
- Setup SEO monitoring
- Embrace inbound marketing
In addition to presenting clear, quality pointers for webmasters and web marketers, they support their points with great visuals like charts/graphs, video tutorials, and real-world examples.
Ultimately, Penguin is all about search relevance. The better your site relates to your target market the better you will fair as SEO grows and evolves in the near future.
[quotes_right]One famous example of search ambiguity is Apple – are searchers looking for the corporation that sells computers, iPhones, iPods, and iPads, or are they searching for the fruit?[/quotes_right]
This article on Search Engine Watch covers the details of managing an ambiguous brand, but it also contains some nice points that apply to any brand. What happens when a searcher is quickly glancing down through the search results pages? How do you attract clicks that are relevant to your site’s content?
Nine tips for managing an ambiguous brand … Read full article.
Here is a great little list that I came across that is made up of 21 items that pertain to general rules of making money online. They are a great starting point for anyone considering an online business.
- The first step is to stop Googling things like, “how to make money online.” Not because you shouldn’t want to make money online, but because the stuff you’re going to find by doing that is going to help youlose money online. Sort of like asking a casino owner how to make money in Vegas…
- Don’t pay anyone for simple and proven instructions on how to achieve this goal. In particular, don’t pay anyone to teach you how to write or sell manuals or ebooks about how to make money online.
- Get rich slow.
- Focus on the scarce resource …
Read the rest of the article here: http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2012/05/how-to-make-money-online.html